Planning is a critical aspect of developing a content strategy.
An actionable course of action sets the tone for how well the content marketing process will go.
The first step is to build a strategy that delivers. Secondly, it is vital to visualize your execution in your mind. Third, you must keep track of your progress.
It is vital to set objectives and goals.
This will guide you towards relevant plans that can help you achieve them.
- The first step is associating your goals with your planned content. This helps you discard irrelevant ideas and focus on the ones that help you accomplish your goals.
- Secondly, you need to associate your content with strategic contexts. The content you provide needs to strongly relate to the context in which the buyer will see the content. If the content makes sense for a specific section of the buyers’ journey, it is important to monitor that information.
- Third, you want to keep track of the big picture. Don’t get distracted by minor details, but always remain in contact with executives, and communicate your big picture goals.
3 Key Takeaways:
- There are three levels to a great year of strategic planning: Building a strategy that delivers, visualizing for the execution that you expect/want, remembering to monitor your progress you’re making.
- Identification of key objects will help you identify your larger goals for the upcoming year.
- Remember to see the big picture when planning everything out, so that you don’t get distracted during your journey through your plans.
“To make a real impact, your team needs an actionable strategy that’s shared, visible, and tracked over the year to come.”